Monday, August 01, 2005

Responses Still Coming In

Believe it or not, alumni are still writing me about the PWL closure - and I think that's great. I'm still going through some of their letters. Even so, we still have not reached a blog-driven discussion about broader(and in my mind related) community questions that the PWL closure raises. Perhaps it's best to leave those for in-person meetings with alumni officers, but I also think blogs can be a place to experiement with ideas.

Lynne M.'s question last night to the CLIS list asking about what the i-school movement is, is a great start. I hope the CLIS administration takes the opportunity today, tomorrow, soon, to answer that question, not only about what the different parts of the i-school movement are, but also how it relates short- and long-term to CLIS' mission.

Best to Lynne for "taking the bait," as she writes, and asking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jill Hurst-Wahl said...

I am pleased that you have this blog so that alumni who are not in the Maryland area have a sense of what's going on. If possible, how about giving us some background on what's going on academically at the school... How will becoming an I-School help you (the current students)? How will it change CLIS for the better?

I teach part-time at an I-School and I think students do appreciate the expanded content, yet some miss the pure library focus.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home